Friday, July 29, 2011

Dog fever!

I'm so excited to be moving to a new state and at the prospect of having a house. When my Realtor asked me what I was looking for in a house I told her I wanted a fenced yard and minimal carpeting. Not for me, (well, a little for me since Josh spills frequently,) but for the dog I want in my life so badly.

Seeing as how this is my first post in this blog, you may not be aware that I am an animal person. Not like an animal hoarder but the formerly vegan, currently pescatarian, has two rescued cats, 15 essay questions away from being a certified dog trainer, volunteers at a shelter kind of animal person. Unfortunately, having a dog right now is out of the question. I live in an apartment with a 2 pet maximum limit and I've got the lovely V's, no doggy for me. Womp, womp.

You know those people that want a baby and can't have one at the moment so they fantasize about children, want to cuddle everybody else's and do lots and lots of research about acquiring children? That's me except with dogs and it's why I need a fenced in yard. Granite counter tops, dual sinks and the like do not hold a candle to any potential house that has a fence. I find myself driving around and wondering what places I'd be able to take my dog. I get home from work and think about how nice it would be if I could take a dog for a walk and decompress.

There are still over 60 days until we move so until I will for the next two months I will be stalking Petfinder and researching holistic foods, veterinarians and getting my fix down at animal control.

Pet Adoption


No comments:

Post a Comment