Tuesday, August 9, 2011

Job jitters

I've really been looking forward to transferring stores and thanking my lucky stars that I have a job where transferring is easy. My store current manager called the store I'm transferring to on my behalf yesterday. Hooray, right? Ehh, yes and no.
The manager in Savannah, J., wants to interview me. I get it, I can understand why J. wants to do that but I wasn't expecting it. That is not how things are done at my store and it took me by surprise. It really should be no big deal because I've already been working in this position for two years and I'm good. I'm a retail sales associate so don't confuse me with an egomaniac. I'd have been promoted to key holder if not for somebody else having seniority. Anyway, so I'm freaked out by it. I'm positive that my sympathetic nervous system is making a much bigger deal out of this than need be, remember I already have this job, but I'm nervous about it.
I called and introduced myself to J. today. She's pretty busy so she will be calling me back in about a week. She seemed nice and I'm glad I've got some time to collect my thoughts. I'm a bit of an over-prepare-er so let's hope that works to my advantage. That can even be my question for if/when she asks me what my biggest weakness is. I don't like to be caught off guard by things so I tend to think it through-and-through until I've created an anxiety about something small. On the plus side though, I'm almost always prepared for whatever is thrown my way. No, I think I'll stick with: Before coming to work for this company, my previous job required me to very individual task oriented. I would focus on getting one thing done before moving on to the next. When I first came to this company I still had that mind set and it took some getting used to multi-tasking all the things we have going on at once sometimes but eventually I did even though I still hold onto that part that makes me want to finish what is important.

Gahh!!

No comments:

Post a Comment